Today is 5 December 2021, yesterday it was 2 years since I had the not-so-fun surgery for Stage IIIc ovarian cancer and it was time to celebrate - A LOT!! Thanks to our FAB6 (as we named ourselves years ago) we hosted a celebration dinner and spent almost 5 hours talking, giggling, eating, reliving memories and eating more - including my Key Lime pie which might now is becoming "famous" - well maybe not quite that good! We have been trying to have these gatherings every 3 months since I retired at the end of 2008 and we have had a LOT of them and we rotate houses.
Jeffie as we call him is always up for good laughs and good stories - as we all are.30 November - another dinner at our house with our friends for 50+ years Beth and Jim and pretty often I test recipes with them - sometimes complicated but often pretty darn simple.
And they brought a fantastic hostess gift! I remember as a kid growing up on the farm every year my Dad brought home a couple boxes of these cherries and we would try not to let the inside liquid sugar stuff run down our chin - but first make sure all 4 of us kids got equal numbers of cherries.
And Thanksgiving - always a day to be grateful, eat turkey, do a puzzle (which has been in the works for almost a year now), and play a game and yes we do call each other out as "cheaters" now and then.
Thanks to granddaughter Lucy for setting up my nativity sets and there isn't room for many more and I need to figure out how many I have from all these different countries. First one was purchased in the 1980s in Tijuana Mexico on a trip with the kids and I think it was less than $5!!!
And every year Lucy has to put on the little red hat and pretend she is an entertainer.
When I say we are serious about games I think we may have inherited that wanting to win gene from my mom - she never ever ever wanted to lose a game!!!
And this week Alex asked me if he could bring a couple friends over for a Jones Mac and Cheese and Stuffing recipe class. Wow - these guys are amazingly sweet and polite and 16 years old. How lucky is Grammy Dee?????And as always trying not to stress about my upcoming every 3 month cancer followup visit on December 14. Prayers and fingers crossed as always and I am so thankful for my huge support from family and friends!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment