It's been a busy couple weeks around here!!! And when June hits us tomorrow I will do my words!!! First off - yesterday we hit the "Kickoff to the Minnesota State Fair" as Ross was lucky enough to get 6 tickets in a ticket lottery. More coming!
Today is June 1, 2021 to continue update! The mini kickoff to the Fair was 5 days with two 5-hour time slots each day with a limit of 10,000 people. Last time we attended in August 2019 it was about 180,000 on that day. Only a few food vendors and shops open but we did get a bucket of Sweet Martha's chocolate chip cookies and mini donuts so enough sweets. Lines very very long so we decided to just get those and head to lunch in St. Paul to a place famous for it's walleye and it was excellent.
Cloudy, we managed to dodge the rain while in line in Chris' brand new car waiting for parking slot. And yes that's Lucy photobombing behind the crew.
Good name - Big Fat Bacon!!
And his lady's dish she is holding is called - what else but Hot Dish!
Night before - Fab6 finally had a real meetup and the last was February 2020 when I had zero hair and was just getting into chemo.Giggled, had a little wine, lots of good food and chat and we have been taking turns hosting these dinners for 12 years now!!! The "ladies" are my workmates and I was so lucky to have such a fun and great work team at the hospital.
The youngest friend has called me Mama Dee for quite some time now as she says I'm kinda like a mom to her - how sweet is that?
I am not the only person "addicted" to the diamond art (or dot) painting - little tiny beads put down one at a time on a sticky picture. This one I got from daughter Jenny and she knows very well my love of coffee!
Another beautiful walk and I am still doing my 3 mile daily walks. This is Normandale Japanese garden near us and it was a donation from the Japanese who were helped by us in WWII.
And I was happy to see the koi back in the pond and having a lot of fun and not socially distanced.
A friend asked me if I could take the annual photo a block from our house of the tribute to Tom Barnett Jr. who saved a lot of lives on 9/11 by diverting the hijacked plane which crashed in Shanksville PA instead of on the White House. There are brave people all over the place.
Yes, we always did a lot of entertaining until the Covid pandemic hit, chemo, cancer and all the crap - call it the Four C's if you wish! This is my diamond dot dining room table - full up.
Another little walk not far away and it's Nine Mile Creek - so beautiful and I love our town of Bloomington. Moved here in 2002 after living in a house in Burnsville for 31 years and after our kids finished college, moved out on their own, we decided to move closer to our workplaces. Good decision!!!
Turtle sitings all over the place and I do love nature and they say it is healthy both physically and mentally to get outside!
Memorial Day - and I come from a family of Navy guys (two brothers and my Dad). He is on the right side and served in Pearl Harbor, Guam and the Phillipines but like most WWII veterans never really talked about it.
He's 3rd from left on this crew on is Navy ship which is now sunken intentionally near Thailand and used for a scuba diving school.
Brother Kent 7 years younger than me.
Brother Kent and baby brother Brian who is 13 years younger than me and spent 20 years in the Navy part of it in the Persian Gulf.
So - busy times coming up - daughter Jenny and granddaughter Rooke arrive in 4 days for a 6 night stay and I warned her about the possibility of a record breaking heat and humidity next weekend - ugh! Also on June 7 I have my 3 month cancer followup which of course is always a bit stressful. When she called last night we talked about it and she said "Mom, don't worry we can handle anything" - love it!
All for now - more soon!






















No comments:
Post a Comment