Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2021

COVID Be Gone!!!!

Little update for now.  Son Chris, Amy and Lucy are improved from the COVID diagnosis March 8 - thank God!!!  Alex has not been in their home since March 4 and has spent a "while" at our house.  Most exciting for this hockey guy and Grammy and Bapa is last night's hockey game made them top seed for State Hockey tournaments in their class!!!  16 teams started, now down to 8 and they are #1 of the 8 so in a week or so the tournaments start and we HOPEFULLY will be in Newport Beach CA!!  He is very sweet and helpful for a 15.9 year old teen!! 
So today 29 March 2021 - this is what we call Alex's Man Cave in our house.  My tabletop TV, Xbox, comfy sofa, whatever he might need and right next to the kitchen!!!  When we bought it in 2002 this was called the "hearth room" as there is a wood fireplace😊
So one day Alex says "can I peel potatoes for you?".  FYI I don't think Ross has ever asked me that question!
Next up - Alex:  "I would like to try making those mini popovers" - wow - he's almost 16 years old and I guess Cooking With Grammy is still a good thing!  Actually they turned out perfect as the last time I made them for a family dinner they did not "pop"!
The the distance learning "schoolroom" - no entertaining at that dining table for quite some time now and we miss it but everyone is in the same Covid Boat.
A week ago we got to watch this fantastic game and yes they are the Lakers of Prior Lake!  Notice the shots on goal and they played the "Irish" - NOT from Ireland!
Ready for the last hockey game leading up to state tournaments and we do have our living room full of hockey gear and so far so good with Alex feeling great and no COVID symptoms.

And the winning Lakers team - Alex is 2nd row down from the top row and 3rd one in from the right and yes indeed they are headed to Minnesota State tourneys.
To celebrate the win - this day Alex asked if maybe he could try making angel food cake and dang that worked too as I have had many failures of not "fluffing up" and quit making decades ago.  Is he an aspiring chef/hockey guy?  I actually had real whipping cream and strawberries so we had the real stuff.  Alex:  " This real whipped cream is way better than that other stuff".
Couldn't resist this screen shot as our favorite cheese place now has these spices called Super Sxxx -read the lines!
And my park walks are back on and getting into and out of the park 2 blocks from our house I just had to cross this mini snow slush bank of the cross country ski trail - went just fine and I didn't land on my butt.
Clear path for sure and the park is so awesome so I hope to walk it for a long time - well I am close to 74 years old in 8 days!
So after a few inches of snow a few days ago yesterday I walked Mall of America almost 3 miles with my Buddy Beth and she handed me this bag - and yes I love coffee and I've been reading it counts as water for the 8 glasses per day, keeps your brain younger and keeps you healthier.  And yes I know there are other things that count too but I do love my coffee in the morning and decaf in the evening!



No comments:

Post a Comment