Pages

Monday, January 18, 2021

So far so good in 2021!

Is it weird or what when you are excited to go with your daughter-in-law to an MRI/doctor appointment for biannual followup for a brain tumor 11 years ago.  All clear and her Dr. T called it "outstandingly good".  We were also the lucky Jones ladies as Manny's Tortas was open in the big global market next to the hospital and we could actually sit at a table and eat.
Same plan as always - we wear turquoise beaded bracelets that were Ross' mother's and she had quite a few.  I also wear my mom's wristwatch and my Grammy baubles!!!

Amy's doctor as usual said how important it is to exercise 30 minutes at least 5 days a week and dog walking does not count and says it has to be "more vigorous".  Sounds just like my cancer doctor!!!  So I decided in addition to my 1997 still going strong treadmill I wanted a recumbent bike/elliptical combo for my space in the basement - TV down there and I can listen to my travel podcasts so we'll see!!!!  It should be here in 3 days and then Mr. Ross will need to set it up with my help maybe???
My todo list included dragging all my used books from 3 different places onto the spare room bed, sort them alphabetically and put the classic ones in a separate pile.  So far they are on the bed but I have a designated space and just have to plan it very carefully.😉
Also apparently I am not the only one who got diamond painting Christmas gifts but since I'm not a good artist I'm starting with just a small bookmark so we'll see how that goes.  Hopefully the little numbness/chemo neuropathy in the ends of my fingers will not affect it much.
Facebook - my cousins posted old cookbook photos so I dug into mine.  This is the Ladies' Aid cookbook from the church I grew up in after the little country church was torn down in 1958 or so.

Hazel Schultz is my mom!
Also have a cookbook I got for a gift when I was probably 7 or 8 years old and it was published by Farmer magazine in 1954 (I would have been 7 years old then).

Interesting that I also had 3 brothers and none of them learned to cook while we were growing up.  They did field work, barn stuff, combining and I helped cook, babysit and iron stuff.
 

So all for now.  Except our 3 year old expensive fancy refrigerator started dying last week and almost took it's last breath this morning but we did have a repair guy coming and since the company apparently was having "cooling/freezing" problems they had extended the warranty into February - whew - we made the draw and the repair guy said he did a "total heart transplant" - all new parts so fingers crossed for a few years.  Of course it will not be 25 years like in the "olden" days in the 1970s!

No comments:

Post a Comment