Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2018

Jones B&B is Active and Well!!!

I love my blog but we have been crazy house busy since returning from Morocco! on November 6
Thanksgiving November 22 and we hosted and it appears the guys in the background are making the dinner - well maybe a bit of it!!!
I don't remember where this knit red hat came from but Lucy has been wearing it since she was about 2 years old and she is now going on 11 and all of a sudden on Thanksgiving Day the hat turns up again and Lucy entertains us with a little tiny brass "instrument".  
 Christmas 2010 and the hat and I am 8 years younger and I can see that age sets in except my hair is the same color!
A couple weeks later and granddaughter Lucy is back again and we have the "tongue on the glass" photo.
 Lucille Ann Jones March 2009 - one year old and she discovers tongue on glass:
December 2018 - and she's now hanging ornaments higher and higher on the tree and soon will be as tall as me.
 Next up - Ross is in our church choir (3rd different church choir since we got married in 1972) and again he volunteers to host the holiday choir "feast" but I must say people like it and everyone brings really great food.  Before:  I made a couple things - pulled pork and cheese and crackers.
 Before - ready for the "potluck"!
 Very full table - about 5 entrees in the kitchen, maybe 10 desserts and 10 salads and 10 appetizers and we ended up with 35-40 people in our house and here they are singing to prepare for the performance the next Sunday.  This gives new meaning to "singing for your supper".
 Two days later - along comes the family and we have 10 overnighters and thank goodness we have room.  Nephew Garrett graduated from chiropractic college so he is now D.C - Dr. Schultz!!!  Second Schultz doctor in the family as we have one optometrist niece Sara and we also have a family practice doctor married to a niece.  Bottom line:    We made a very good choice when we left our house of 31 years thinking to move into a townhome or condo but decided that may not work and ended up with a bigger house.  Oh fer sure you betcha uffda - in Minnesota talk - it would NOT have worked and we love having lots of family around a lot of the time.  Ross is actually wearing a tuxedo vest as he has a Bloomington Chorale performance of which he is a member and they have nearly sold out performances in our local theatre twice a year.
 Little grand-niece Claire who is now 7 years and has the middle name of my mom Hazel Claire.
 And niece Molly, husband Josh and Hazel - 5 years old and named after my mom.  Molly was 6 months old when my brother (her dad) died of leukemia and she had 7 and 4 year old sisters.  We are so blessed to have them in our lives.  They have 4 little girls ages 9, 7, 5 and 3 and they love it at our house.
 My brother Kent, sister-in-law Karen, niece Chelsea and 3 little "punkins" entertaining all of us.
 Kent always has a lot of interests and he's still working.  He taps a lot of maple trees and makes homemade syrup for all of us and has honeybees and makes a LOT of honey - we do like sugar.
 Next up - December 15 and I went to Ross' Bloomington Chorale performance where he sings bass in about a 50 personal choral group.  I have other "choir widow" friends in church as they call us and it's never been a problem.  I always think it's good for everyone to have their own interests along with doing lots of stuff together - like travelling the world.
So right now it's December 16 at 8pm and next up is Christmas Eve at our house, FAB6 friends next and our turn to host and then the theme dinner group early January.  Then.....in February off to India we go which should be quite the adventure I am sure.  We have our visa and just need mosquito repellent to prevent malaria!!!
AND.... Looking back at my blog for October/November I have 3 days of Morocco with pictures but no stories so I have work to do and it's on my list.!

No comments:

Post a Comment