Turkey thawed, Jones Mac and Cheese ready (triple batch) and I'm catching up once again!
Last week we had another DBF aka Dee Beth Fran day and friends for over 50 years and it seems like we just sit down and pick up where we left off whenever the last time was! We are all Grannies and it's amazing how happy this makes us! We still have fantastic memories and stories to tell - but not for the world to hear all the time:)
Next up my sweet niece Molly and her family here for a night and granddaughter Lucy wanted to join them for the sleepover. This is little Claire, named after my own mom Hazel Claire, and she is as sweet as all of them. I got a facebook message from her today saying how much she loves us and can't wait to see us on Friday - another overnighter - woohoo!The four great-nieces Lily Ruby Claire and Hazel waiting for Lucy to arrive - how sweet is that for second cousins???
And lucky Mr. Ross Jones got to spend the night with Six Girls - yes they called me a "girl" and I love it!
Like my mom and grandmother I have a "dress-up drawer" filled with all kind of garments, wigs, and stuff and apparently it's very entertaining - even for us!
This year I was asked to be the family photographer for Chris son and family. Alex is now 13 and is 1.5 inches taller than me - boohoo. Lucy is 10 and doesn't have far to go to be as tall as me and then pass me up.
Photos are a couple blocks from our house and this is a railroad bridge that I have crossed hundreds of times with grandkids, myself and friends as it is a fantastic park walk.
A couple nights ago we had a CUP girls dinner. CUP = Coordinated Undergraduate Program - at University of Minnesota for Nutrition and Dietetics students as a 2 year internship. Wow - 13 June 1987, 31.5 years ago we graduated and my goal was to finished before I turned 40 and they were normal college age in their 20s but we have such awesome memories and they still can't believe I did this with 2 little kids - yup I can't either.
So 8 for Thanksgiving tomorrow, evisas for our trip to India in February achieved and planning a couple more big trips in 2019. I firmly believe in "Make hay while the sun shines" or my mom "I'll rest when I'm dead".
I still have to update my funny memories and stories from the Morocco trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment