We were honored to attend the wedding of the son of a good long-time friend and we don't look "too dang bad" for our ages!!! And we can still love to dance!
Christmas Eve - Son Chris and granddaughter Lucy hamming it up during gift opening and no they are not falling asleep!Alex got a "watch drone" and other things that made him quite happy.
One night stand the night before Christmas Eve as we had niece Molly, Josh, Lily, Claire, Hazel and Ruby spend the night. Since Lily loves her second cousin time she chose to arrive before they did and spend the night too. Where do they all sleep? By choice they make floor beds in our bedroom. Our grandkids have done that their whole lives so far! Since Lily at 8 years old had just played Molly in the play "Annie" they surprised her by taking her to the Ordway in St. Paul to see "Annie" which had also played on Broadway while we took charge of the other 3. So I challenge anyone to take a group photo of 5 little girls 9 and under and I got Four Faces and One Butt! They are hilarious.
My mom had a stash of "stuff" that we could always play with and I have a drawer and a few other containers the same. Lucy and Lily playing waitresses in a fancy Chinese restaurant including their hand written menus.
So 7 "girls" and two guys, Ross and Josh, trying to direct the requested roast beef dinner. The big question is "Do you want peas? or corn?"
The Seven Famous Women!
I get the most awesome gifts from the younger Jones family and I do know that Amy does the work. My favorite candies are Necco wafers and Cow Tales - grew up with them and still love them.
Lucy about one year old and now 9 years old - amazing how time flies.
Alex at less than one year old and he's trying really really hard to pick up that piece of cereal.
Two years ago with the Fearsome Four.
Lucy at our Christmas table January 2011 and a little over two years old. She ate peas one at a time with her little fingers.
Ross' family and it was probably 1947 or so. Two grandmothers, one grandfather (the other had died from cancer), his parents and brother.
And my farm family probably 1961 or 1962. I had the famous cat eye glasses, gathered skirt, tight belt and naturally dark hair. It's hard to believe my hair was really that dark since I started going gray or I call it "lighter" in my early 30s.
2017 is soon coming to a close but we do have the Famous FAB6 friends coming over in a couple nights. We take turns and we wanted to take an "extra out of turn" so Ross could share his many Christmas lights so we are having a "Happylightappetizerfoodfull Happy Hour" - more like a buffet as we wander around or sit with our plates😆😂....and laugh, giggle and tell stories!




No comments:
Post a Comment