Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Blessings of the Season!

Grandson Alex is 11 and in middle school and had to get "dressed up" for the choir concert - what a handsome and sweet dude he is!  And he still wants to stay at "Grammy and Bapa's House" frequently - this too shall pass I am sure.
 I received a Bible from my godfather Arley Schultz when I got confirmed in May of 1960.  I am currently using it for our church Bible studies.  Alex saw it on my desk, opened the zipper, asked me if it was my travel Bible:) and said:  "1960, that's an antique, it might be worth money".  I'm thinking since I was born in 1947 I wonder what he thinks of that!
 Next up - Lucy's hockey game and she is a tough one out there.  I loved the referee dressed up in the elf costume and Lucy face to face with him.  Click to enlarge photos - just a reminder.
 December 15 our house after 6 inches of snow!
 December 17 - 6 more inches of snow!  And today we set a record for the coldest on this date in 20 years.
 The backyard where it seems a short time ago we sat out at that table with burgers.
 I got a surprise from niece Molly in the mail after they spent a couple weekends here in November and it suits me perfectly since my whole closet is black, white and red!!!
 And daughter Jenny crocheted this winter hat for me a couple years ago and it's perfect - I'm a fashionista!
 Alex after setting up our nativity sets in November 2007 - he was 2.5 years old.
 This year we had 6 little kids setting them up and my collection has grown considerably.  About the only souvenirs we buy on our travels are magnets from each place and nativity sets if they can be found.  That happened to be a specialty of Peru:)
 And Lucy with my apron and an old wig of some family member a couple years ago.
Quinoa - we started eating it at home a few years ago and like it.  However while in Peru it was served at all meals including breakfast - soups, quinnoto (like risotto), cooked for breakfast (like oatmeal) and of course as a tasty side dish.  To be honest after I got home I needed a break from quinoa but got it out this week and guess what - it's from Peru which is the major source of quinoa.
 I'm getting used to my new car and glad that Jenny can take custody of my previous car.  This is it in front of their house in Lake Elsinore, CA.
So one week until Christmas Eve and for some reason I always find this week relaxing as I do stuff early and then just quit to enjoy the season!
And of course my most relaxing thing is to plan trips - seriously!  And next fall we are headed to London, Liverpool and Paris - "my" trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment