Alex taught me how to say Hello in Spanish (for Peru) - Hola! also how to order french fries so I'm good to go along with a little vino (wine).
Our famous group of 6 called the FAB6 (we made that up) had another great dinner, brownies, wine and best of all laughter - lots of it - last night. I always feel like a new unencumbered person after these nights and I do believe that "laughter is the best medicine". And I didn't even need healing!
We always have a strange topic that seems to pop up and this time it was what we wear to bed. Where did the conversation start? I kind of think it was when Jeff said he was warm from the spicy marinara sauce or a warm kitchen or maybe wine????? Then we talked about who gets hot or cold - and where. So there you go and now we know!
Little 3rd grade granddaughter Rooke just made it to the top 2 in her elementary school class spelling bee so now she goes onto "District" competition. I'm such a proud Grammy.
And digging through my old junk I find my blue ribbon (a little faded from about the same grade in my home county. Of course it's a little different because I was in a one room schoolhouse with 12 students grades 1-6 and there were 3 in my grade. But my parents and grandparents were pretty dang proud too.
Latest picture of Alex and Lucy that I "stole" after it was sent to my phone to view! Believe me when I say it isn't always like this as there is the usual sibling feuding so they are "normal" just like me.And - I'm ready to go with my usual little journal and we leave in less than 48 hours.


No comments:
Post a Comment