Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2016

It's Raining, It's Pouring!!!

There is no longer a drought in Minnesota!!!  Our grass has never been greener!..........so it was a great day to visit MIA (pronounced mee-yah) aka Minneapolis Institute of Arts.  And it was time for the 33rd annual Art in Bloom where floral designers make an arrangement to depict a piece of art - either an painting or sculpture of some sort.  I love it.
This one is called "The Elevator Grille" as in very old elevator doors and if you are old enough you will remember the "operators" wore white gloves.
 My young long-time (not old:)) friend Beth joined me and to look at the bright side we got free valet parking since she had recent knee replacement surgery and had the handicap tag for my car.  Very nice service!
 I seem to blend into the white walls and white flowers and dark background....rather like an ancient work of art I would say.
 This floral arrangement really looks like the rooster if you can get past the bird of paradise flower.
And here is good old Beth again on August 19, 1972 as my bridesmaid.  It's been a long long and great friendship.
 I have been squeezing in walks outside and this is the tiny creek up the road from us which now looks a bit like a rapids.  A few years ago there was only a trickle over the small falls.
 I just made reservations for a large apartment in Lisbon Portugal for a year from now - yes I do like to plan ahead and it is a "girl trip".  So I dragged Ross a flew blocks away from our house to a $30 Portugese wine pairing dinner - such a deal cannot be passed up.
 My walk this week took me past this church and I thought it a wonderful interpretation of TGIF and a good reminder.
 A year ago this month on the girl trip to Italy and this is the teacher/chef.  Handsome dude!
 This is the 6 and the 3 on the right plus a new friend from a trip last year, Linda, are signed up with me so far for the trip next year.
And as I think of my adventures very often I find myself telling someone about my first 5 years of school and this is where it was and it's still standing!  Yes a very tiny one room schoolhouse with a woodstove and no running water but we did have an outhouse - a two-holer in fact!
My next post will be from Zagreb, Republic of Croatia - formerly part of Yugoslavia from the end of World War I until 1991.  It would take me a long time to learn the entire history of the area but I'm the names Sarajevo, Slovenia, Balkans, Emporer Tito, Kosovo, Milosivec, Bosnia-Herzogovina are all familiar words.  This will be my next history study!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment