Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Giving Thanks Every Day!

Busy life goes on but every day it seems we have something enormous or sometimes even small to be thankful for!  Yesterday I went to another Turkish cooking class and we had Turkish coffee to start.  Very strong, thick creamy soft coffee grounds at the bottom of the tiny cup.  I remembered being in Istanbul and thinking I had to drink the bottom to be polite - black teeth but water takes it off.  You are not supposed to drink the grounds - I guess you could eat them with a spoon.
In addition to the wonderful food and company once again this was a delicious extra appetizer and it reminded me of pumpkins but it is really bulgur/tomato paste mix surrounding ground meat and they were delicious.  I am very thankful for my Turkish Muslim lady friends and they are so gracious and kind.
So I made it to the class and we also had niece Molly, Josh, Lily (almost 6), Claire (almost 4) and Hazel (almost 2) here for the weekend.  By the way, my mom's name was Hazel Claire!  They are the sweetest best behaved little girls and it was so fun to have them.
Lily and the rest know where all the toys and goodies are in our house so there was a "party" setup which is a frequent occurence in our dining room.  Not one glass toy dish has ever been broken and if one was I would not care....or most likely not even notice.
Molly resting - she is due with girl #4 in about 6 weeks!  
The same day they arrived we had an event in Alex's classroom and even at nearly 10 he is still good with Grammy holding his hand.   They did a music performance and he played the recorder - brought back memories of my kids doing the same.  Next the state he chose to display was South Carolina and I did not know it had the only BMW museum in the USA!
Night before:  Lucy turned 7 this week and since we had to watch them for a while we invited them to dine with us and Lucy got to pick.  She wanted the local restaurant where you get to wear a sombrero, the staff signs Happy Birthday in Spanish and you get free ice cream - works for me.

I noticed this on Chris and Amy's frig.  It  is so amazing wha photo editing can do in this new digital world.  I wonder if Lucy at 100 will have white hair like 3 generations of ladies including me.
Love her note especially the part about "and I would hang out a lot with my pals" - my kind of girl for sure.  She's learning a lot from the social family she is part of.
2008 - California - just a few months old and we have always called this "Hollywood Lucy".
Alex at the restaurant - his hockey skills are amazing and this week is tournament week and they play in the championship game tomorrow.  I never in my life dreamed that I would be a Hockey Grammy.
 I saved the best for last!  Niece Sara is expecting twins and probably in August or September and so far so good everything is going great.  It is pretty exciting for the whole family!!!  My Grandpa Sylvester was a twin:  Len and Lena - love it!
Back to trip planning now - it's my best way to relax and wind down - weird I know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment