Pages

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Brown Christmas!

The weather men are somewhat "awkward" lately (Alex's favorite word at 9 years old).  We have no snow on the ground and green grass but I hear that it's the 4th time since 2010 so I guess these events are not memorable.
Last night (Christmas Eve) we had Chris, Amy and kids for a Feliz Navidad dinner.  This week Lucy helped with the menu/place card decorating and looking puzzled said "this isn't right - it's nobbydod" - the song she had sung several loudly several times.  I don't think I will ever again be able to sing it the correct way.  Today is the "big" dinner for 10 of us and a bit more traditional.  Ross is still doing lots of outdoor and indoor lighting schemes but now of course can control from his phone and probably from somewhere else in the world.
 My mom, dad and 3 brothers on our farm in 1970.  The very small silver tinsel tree barely shows but I remember how exciting it was to have a fake tree instead of having to cut down a real one!  Not sure who the lucky one is who received the one Christmas stocking.
Lucy and Alex day this week included another trip to the library and they get to pick up about 6 books each.  From this one Lucy could demonstrate burping.  It was somewhat medical so maybe she plans to be a doctor instead of a burper.
 Yesterday at Christmas Eve service each of the four kids with our Pastor are holding a little block that spells H-O-P-E.
 Alex with his new Lakers hockey hat.
 Chris and Alex have definitely inherited my love of reading so Chris got 4 books about Italy including one travel book since they will be travelling there next year.
 Lucy with the MN United hat - soccer - definitely a sports family we have in our midst.
 A couple ice cubes melted on the kitchen floor so Lucy made this sign which was very understable:  BE CAREFUL WALKING!  MERRY CHRISTMAS
Every day I laugh but I'm looking forward to my annual watch of National Lampoon Christmas Vacation.  I know a lot of the lines by heart but still laugh my head off! - well not quite thank goodness!
Hope everyone has a blessed holiday and blessed New Year and on to new adventures - where we have been this year and where we are going in 2015:
Feliz Navidad!  Merry Christmas!  Boldog Karacsonyt!  Craciun Fericit! Feliz Natal!  
Buon Natale! and Joyeux noelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment