Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Love to Cook, Love to Laugh!

I do love to cook but it has not always been that way.  My Dad taught my mom to cook as he was a cook on a Navy ship.  I had zero interest in cooking growing up.  When we got married I could make frozen pizza and Manwich sandwiches using the canned sauce and hamburger.  I have come a long way and love it!
We had some good old/young friends over last weekend and I noticed the gift bag with their wine...sweet.
 My friend Donna's husband Jeff decided that my meringues, whipped cream with sugar and creamer would make coffee super good when dunked.  Donna says he and I must have been cats in another life as I too could eat a whole bowl of whipped cream (real only - never the whipped containers of junk or the canned stuff) by myself.  Meow.......
 My brother Kent turned 59 this week.  It seems forever that I have been in my 60s waiting for a sibling to reach the milestone.  Kent with the big bike - we had to buy a big bike because we all had to share one bike.   Next to him is brother Keith who would have been 64 now and I still miss him and then it is our first cousin Shawn from California.  I think he really loved our farm!
 Keith and Kent and no they did not have to lift weights to achieve those great bodies - just live on a farm and work very hard.
 Alex and I got to go to our favorite park places last week.  Finally we are seeing signs of summer.
 Father's Day yesterday was a barbecue at our house and Amy wanted a picture of her and the Dads!!!  Alex wanted to be in the picture too.
 Son Chris with Alex and Lucy - sweet!
 Chris opened this card from Lucy - I just love how kids fill in the blanks.  I especially like the He is:  PRETTY OLD!!!  He's 39 and I wonder what she thinks about me.  Growing up I loved the Art Linkletter show "Kids say the Darndest Things".
So niece Molly along with Lily, Claire and little Hazel should be arriving very soon to spend the night.  At 2 months I have not yet met little Hazel but can't wait.  I love calling her Hazel because it was my mom's name and I also love little babies.
More later....life continues to move on at a rapid pace:)

No comments:

Post a Comment