26 years ago this month I graduated from the University of Minnesota with a degree in Nutrition and Dietetics and had finished a 2 year internship in the process. There were 12 of us interns and of course at 39 I was the oldest! Amazingly several of us have stayed friends and stayed in contact and the locals get together about 3-4 times a year. I can hardly believe they now have kids in college and are turning 50.
Me, Dara (from Dubai) and Andrea:
Six of us went to dinner last night. Just two days ago for the first time since becoming an RD (Registered Dietitian) I did not maintain my CEUs and made the decision to "let it go". I needed to complete the process by May 31 and I did not have one credit to report - too much fun, grandkids and traveling I guess. So of these 6 only one still has that certification. I'd say we look pretty happy with our choices!!!
Dara spent 2 nights at our house, is Palestinian, had to leave Beirut in the middle of the night with only a car with lights out to cross the border to safety in Syria with her family in the mid 1970s in the midst of civil war - she was 11 and has lived many places but the last 17 years have been in Dubai. In college she spent many many nights at our house and we loved her and she loved us - still do. She was like a big sister to my elementary school kids and I have often wondered what I would have done without her at that time to entertain my kids while I was in school full-time and Ross traveled often for work.
We had a great weekend and now just 7 days since Switzerland that trip seems very long ago. That's what busy does to me.
Granddaughter Rooke in California - what a beauty she is and we get to see her next month.
Rooke at her first ice skating lesson in California. I think the outside temperature there was close to 100 degrees at this time last month.Next: Finally we get to have our Last Dinner on the Titanic next weekend, attend Lucy's pre-K "graduation" and then my Turkish cooking class. Wow - I'm glad I'm young and fit:)
Dara has completed a Lebanese menu for me with cooking instructions and some recipes so that just might be my next "ethnic dinner" and she says I need to take a picture and photoshop her in a chair at the table - will have to figure that one out!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment