Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Niece Sara found this little place in a small town in Washington.  My mom is popping up everywhere and we know she is watching us and happy!  It would be great fun to have a family reunion in this town on the coast of Washington near Portland.  I also found they supposedly have the best salt water taffy in existence.
 Daughter Jenny has taken on crocheting big time.  Last week we got the sweetest box in the mail and they came at a good time - just before our April snowstorm.  Chris said I looked like the Roaring 20s and I am just fine with that.  She's almost ready to take orders!!!
 Front yard and street last night.  We got just under 10" of snow and are making records - bah humbug.  It is causing problems with the little sports teams like Alex and Lucy's soccer and baseball and even the Minnesota Twins - having to cancel games.  Fishing season opens in a few weeks and the ice is still thick on the lakes up north.
 One year ago - April 2012 - one of the warmest March and April months on recod.  We were having some nasty trees removed from our lot.  Love the blue sky, trees with green leaves and green grass.
We both manage to keep very busy and this week was no different.  We did take time to see the Body Worlds Cycle of Life exhibit at the Science Museum - it was great to see how the body ages.  The bodies are donated and then "plasticized" in Germany to use for teaching and exhibits.  I learned:
It takes 40 muscles to frown and 17 to smile - good reason to smile because it causes less wrinkles.
The measurement from fingertip to fingertip with arms extended is equal to your height.  It was right on for mine.  I guess it's called "wingspan".
As soon as we got home I jumped on the treadmill - I saw and read what happens if you don't keep your body in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment