So we get home to the other best news blessing of the day: Niece Molly had her third little girl and she named it Hazel Rose (after my mom and Rose is Molly's middle name). I just wanted to jump for joy. I got up this morning and thought to myself how lovely to wake up and wonder how little Hazel is doing today. Molly had a very special relationship with "Grandma Hazel" in her last few years as she was a teacher in my hometown - the same school where my brother (Molly's Dad), my mom and my dad all worked.
The other Hazel. My mom is on the right and her sister is on the left. We always note that Molly's little Claire is a "liprubber" and maybe she inherited that from sister Madrienne. I think this is the cutest portrait and I have the original and only one. My mom was born in 1926 and this maybe was late in 1927. My mom died 3 years ago this month and it's so nice to be talking about someone named Hazel again.
Still digging through old pictures. I love this one of Alex and Lucy. She was just a few months old in 2008 and doubt she could even sit up by herself without being propped up.So - Ross has been enticed into the planning for the dinner for his old work group - we are calling it "Last Dinner on the Titanic".



It sure is nice to have another little Hazel!
ReplyDelete