So Lucy Day this week - she challenges me to a touch big toe to nose deal - she did it easily several times and then wanted to see the photos. She loves my camera so of course next is taking a picture of me - long way from toes to nose and I consider myself quite flexible for 65 - NOT like a 4 year old.

My friends and family are 99% on Facebook and I am finding I go there often and it is a "normal" thing now. Things go there before they reach my blog - actually sometimes never reaching my blog. So 46 years ago today a good friend Peggy got married. I posted these photos on FB and tagged them and have had a load of comments. These are all high school friends. Peggy with the red flower corsage and me with the red glass of something or other. Reception in a small NE Minneapolis apartment. I can't believe how naturally dark my hair was and how naturally white it is now - eeeekkkkkk! All my life my friends have held a very important position in my life and still do. We all have different lives now but the same rural roots and lots of memories and we still get together.
Peggy and Mel on their wedding day - He 29 she 19. Mel in law school, Peggy working for Honeywell and little did she know that soon she would be stepmom to 3 young children and later followed with 2 more of theirs - all successful and it all worked out - wow - hard to believe!
Back to Mother's Day - I just love this family photo at Target Field. I marvel at my life even with its ups and downs - some major and some minor. It's family and friends that have brought us through this far.
I was so excited last month in Oklahoma to find "The List" - Ross' mom's little notes about their trips. They were quite the adventurers and started travelling just in their 60s. Patiently they waited until their boys were finished with many years of college and on their own - off they go!
You've seen my mom-in-law in the beer can hat. She also had these lovely sunglasses and yes she is on a cruise in a lovely formal suit and there they are - I only wish I had them.
So every year in spite of my advancing age and threats to "cut back" on my flowers - off I go on multiple trips to find good deals on flowers and herbs. What started with about 3 herb pots is now at 11. I bring them into our dining room for the winter but I think I will need to be a little more selective or convert the dining room to the "herb room". I started this in 2000 and when we sold our first house in 2002 after 31 years the only request I had was that I could keep my 3 herb pots. The buyers from hell said "No" - I cried. But as my mom would say "move on, honey"!
So blah blah blah - sounds like Sound of Music here! Not - I crab, I bitch, I slam doors, I gripe but at lunch today with a great friend we decided it is not being stubborn it is being independent!
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment