
The movie was GREAT! Bon Appetit! (Need to say it in Julia's high voice)


Friends are beginning to ask about our next trips! After a great summer with friends and family visits we are focusing on the year ahead. In the meantime, our granddaughter Rooke who turns two on August 27 (Great Grandma Hazel's birthday) is ecstatic (you can tell from picture) that we will be visiting her in California in September. Her mom, Jenny, is on the right in the next picture and just attended a wedding in Dubuque and also was able to stopover with us. Jenny tells us Rooke is talking quite a lot and leaving the first letter of words off: I think we may be Rammy and Apa - and eating amburgers and rench ries.
In October we are visiting Charleston and Savannah - Ross wants to go to Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah - I want to go to the Culinary Institute of Charleston student-run fine dining room - we are waiting to receive the fall menu!!!!
I AM SEEING A THEME TO OUR LIVES - IT SEEMS TO BE EATING!
Farther out: When niece Sara was with us I conned her (in return for free room and board) into calling Oberammergau Germany tourist office with great success - we now have tickets for September 21, 2010 (not a typo) Passion Play tickets - it is every 10 years and put on by the town residents since the 1600s. Working on the rest of the trip.
We have also been wanting to visit Russia - possibly next May - looking at options.
SOOOO - that covers Crepes Suzette, Wienerschnitzel and Borscht.
До свидания (Goodbye in Russian) - will not be learning to read a menu for sure.
The trip to Charleston sounds great with the two restaurant stops. What a great photo of the great-grand parents!
ReplyDeleteWe went to Julie and Julia, but it didn't make me want to cook French. Then I went on Julie's website and decided it was WAAAY to complicated! I will just continue with my boring old salad and soups. :) But you should have the party and definitely post pics here of yourselves. I think you should get brown curly wigs.
ReplyDeleteYour lazy niece, Sara
PS I love the pic of Rooke.