Wow - busy and I can't believe it's been so long since I did this! Best news of the day: I had my usual every 6 month cancer checkup and my CA125 cancer marker is stable at 68 less that 74 last time and way way less than 914 when diagnosed in November 2019 and yes it will be 7 years in November. This month is 6 years since I was finishing chemo. Wow - am I a miracle girl????
We did go to Florida last week in February for a few nights staying with our travel buddies!
And of course we are planning trips and so far 3 more to go this year so this is the year of 5 trips! "Do it while you can" is the theme.
And jam making and bread baking are my therapy sessions and grandson Alex who is near 21 years old always tells me when he runs out of jam at college!
On my beautiful sunny outdoor walk yesterday this was down the street from our house and it's so joyful and nice to see things like this!
We are so fortunate to have the some of the best medical facilities in the country even though it's not my favorite place to visit
One of my college buddies and her familty stopping over in January 2020 after my first chemo round and very year at this time the orchid blooms again - amazing!
Sooo - after Ross driving me to the appointment, being there at all times for me when we got home as he watches online for my results I head out on a walk of almost 5,000 steps to pick up my FREE birthday cupcake at our nearby grocery store. And yes my birthday is March 27 and I'll be 79 and granddaughter Lucy who turned 18 this month NOT 81 said this would not be a good year to reverse the numbers.

13-14 March we had 13 inches of snow so I was trapped in the house, church cancelled, Y closed but we survived.
Three of the Jones ladies all have March birthdays so as usual we had a dinner out and I got to sit by grandson Alex who happened to be home from college for a few days. We are so fortunate to be able to stay in such close connections to all the family.
And again we hosted our Fab6 buddies for a "farm dinner" - meatloaf etc. and Jeff and Donna are moving to South Carolina after she retired from decades at the hospital where I worked with her. We decided we never call it "final" dinner, or "last supper" or "farewell" dinner!!
And we had a grand old time staying with our friends in their condo on Fort Myers Beach and we did lots of beach walks in the soft white sand and watching sunset from their balcony.
Another blessing - my nephew and wife had a little girl this month and her name is Hazel Mae - my mom was Hazel and my niece's girl is Hazel and a friend has a granddaughter Hazel. Everybody loved my mom Hazel and she was always joyful and positive no matter what life sent her way - my brother died from cancer at 34, my dad died from a heart attack at 63 but she always said God takes care of everything!























.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment