2 January 2025 - yes 2025 is here!!! We had quite the large family picture on our Christmas card from our annual family reunion and for the first time daughter Jenny and granddaughter Rooke were able to be here in August.
So I do love goofy souvenirs and I am German so how could I resist this hanging ornament when so many people call our house The Jones Hotel or Grammy's B&B! We do have lots of "company" but love it and I don't get stressed as I grew up that way on the family farm.

Nothing better than taking a photo with Google Translate and it translates to any language you choose.
Son Chris and granddaughter age 16 Lucy goofing off in their Zugspitze stocking caps from Germany and Alex looking on at them being goofy!
So another little souvenir I brought back was a couple teeny tiny bottles of two German schnapps flavors from the monastery we visited. This is Amy's look and we all tasted a drop and had similar facial expressions.
I did make homemade key lime pie and almost always make real whipped cream but it's been busy times so I got what else but reddi whip! And it was a hit just like it was when they were little kids.These were taken in 2016 - 8 years ago - with a game board called Pie Face - Amy remembered the name but I did not. I wouldn't mind having a Pie Face party!
And other souvenir from Germany that shows a toilet bowl and the one below of course is the photo with my translate app. Guess it makes sense and I do know the English word.
We have had a lot of fog, clouds, rain and the white snow ground is now brown! But often when I walk to the living room I notice a beautiful sunset just across the street. Nature is beautiful and amazing!

Tomorrow daughter Jenny and granddaughter Rooke arrive from California for a week and planning layers of clothing as the high temperature will be in the teens and feel like single digits - it is Minnesota!
Next up a new adventure with our travel buddies - heading to Cuba and spending a few nights in Havana with tours around the island with our usual tour company. Lots of rules for a "cultural only" trip.















No comments:
Post a Comment