Pages

Friday, November 24, 2023

Thanksgiving and much to be thankful for!!!

Yesterday was Thanksgiving and as always we are the ones to host but the "kids" always bring some good food and wine.
Bonus as our oldest grandson Alex is in his first semester of college, doing great at UND (University of North Dakota) where Chris and Amy both attended and met.  He is so grown up and handsome and we are so proud and he has a moustache!!!  Chris turns 50 in January, "Little Lucy" is 15 and is big into the sport lacrosse and as a sophomore coaches from different colleges apparently go to some of the tournaments to watch for the best to recruit.

Of course there's always room for more and Amy's sister, husband and their son joined us as they have many times.  A few people were missing - one skiing in Montana, one in the hospital and one in the middle of chemo.  Life always throws curve balls!!!

And Ross is always the table setter, table cleanup, dishwasher - and of course  not being an engineer like him apparently I don't know how to load a dishwasher - too bad, so sad😍
Diamond dot "travel wall" and it is a good cheap hobby and usually I don't do it more than 30 minutes as days are pretty darn busy for us "old folks".
There is a facebook group called Abandoned Minnesota and this popped up the other day and I'm thinking it looks exactly like the outhouse from the one room country school I attended until 5th grade.  So I did a little looking back at my pictures and plat books of the properties in my dad's old "atlas" plat map.


This is me and my brothers at the school which became (and still is) the Wylie town hall and this is 2010 the day of my mom's funeral.
And here it is - exactly the one in the photo.
And of course I had to "pose" and I do remember being scared to close the door because you never know when a bear or deer is going to show up right???
Soon it will be December so Ross put our Christmas tree and lights and garlands and "stuff" so we'll be ready and we do like the lights.  Also we will be doing a little entertaining as usual in December.  Yes we are 76 and 80 years old and we're still busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment