Pages

Monday, March 27, 2023

It's my 76th birthday today!!!

I'm a lucky lady!!  Last week I had my 6 month Stage III ovarian cancer checkup and another clear one and back in 6 months so I can breathe again!  Well actually I am pretty good about stress and not a big worrywart or I would not have visited 55 countries coming up on 56!  Looking back at March 2020 and a year later at March 2021 - no hair after chemo to surprise curly hair I am thankful every day how blessed I am!

And I was the first grandkid on all sides and I could have been very spoiled but lots of other cousins and brothers came along in a short time!  This is my great-grandmother, my dad, my grandma Schultz and of course me holding hands.
And as a teenager with 3 brothers and a great Dad and Mom!
The brother Keith born almost 2 years after me and we had the best loving relationship and it was a sad time when he died in 1983 at age 34 years old of a rare form of still uncurable leukemia leaving 3 little girls without a Dad.
My first cousin and Keith and I at the door to my Grandma Schultz's "little house" on the farm and we were playing gypsies - and yes we did have gypsies visit our farm to try and sell stuff.  I think in other countries now they are called roamers!
And Keith and I pretended we were a bride and groom - we did not need a lot of toys for sure.  Find a few dandelions in the yard and we're good to go!
I do still have that look on my face so don't mess with me!



And our farm which is still in the family homestead and owned by my 2nd cousin.
On to the best in life - the grandkids - Alex is a senior and had his last high school hockey game this month and his awesome team of great friends placed 3rd of 44 teams in their division and we could either go to the games or stream them to our TV.
Alex and Lucy both started hockey at 4 and 5 years old so lots of hockey grandparent games!
And Lucy is on a AAA lacrosse team and is a freshman in high school already and is taking driver's training!
Granddaughter Rooke in California is 15 and is on a track team in California and still asks to visit here.  In face when daughter Jenny asked if she wanted to visit this summer again by herself and asked how long - Rooke replies I'll go the day after school gets out and come home the day before it starts in the fall.  Not a good idea to them so she will be with us 3 weeks one of which Jenny will be here too.
Brother Kent and wife Karen come to Bloomington 250 miles from their house to get cataract surgery a couple miles from our house so fun to visit with a couple nights stay.
OK - this was a few days ago on the news!!!  Seriously - it's going to snow this week and we've had near record snow amounts and now they start tracking how many mosquites we might have - well well - it's Minnesota!
And FINALLY I could actually walk out the deck door from the kitchen and use the grill - first time all winter!
However I have done a few walks in the neighborhood but the beautiful huge park a couple blocks from our house is not ready for me yet!  Daughter Jenny who lives in California says "Mom - the signs says only right or left turns - don't go straight".  I'm on foot!
And next month after being cancelled 2 years in a row due to covid closures fingers crossed we go to Japan next month - woohoo!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment