Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Ready for Land of the Midnight Sun or Land of Fire and Ice!

 So....after a lot of glitches and drama and failed morning appt at a lab in Shakopee - almost all day working on it - we got the required negative PCR swab test at the airport this afternoon.  Required to get on the small cruise boat Wednesday June 30 at 4pm in Iceland.  $400 out of pocket....Crazy COVID!!!!!  All in place, PCR test, COVID vaccine cards and a load of masks!!!
Busy times!  Got new porch carpet and had grandson Alex and his friend do the heavy moving!  So furniture here in December after 4 month wait, carpet here after 8 weeks or so and due to COVID stuff in transport and factory stuff.

Before - icky cruddy tan carpet and the big stuff moved out by the strong young guys!

Lucy and Grammy had a special day and her choice was a scary movie so we shared a big bucket of popcorn, had to hold hands a couple times but we did it and I must say I did like feeling like a kid again!


Now that my long time hair sylist Kim retired after cutting my hair for 25+ years I started with a new one Inna who was trained by Kim so I'm happy and so is she!!!

Hard to believe June 26 was Chris and Amy's 22 year anniversary and they met in college and it was love at first sight.  I must say we have all gone through a lot with Amy's brain tumor/surgery/chemo/radiation almost 11 years ago and my more recent ovarian cancer/chemo/ blah blah and to top it of the COVID pandemic.  We are definitely survivors!!!


And Father's Day 2021!!!


And 24 hours from right now if all goes on time we should be on the plane to Reykjavik Iceland for a 6 hr 10 min flight which I actually call a "pretty short" flight!  More to come I am sure!



No comments:

Post a Comment