Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2021

Alex turns 16 - here comes our chauffeur!!!

Our first grandchild Alexander John Jones aka Alex turned 16 this week and got his driver's license on his birthday!  I remember when our son Chris (Alex's dad) got his on his birthday and his first drive alone was to the gas station about a block away as I watched out of the bedroom window upstairs!  All of a sudden I see red blinking lights - held my breath - he was home shortly and said a cop stopped him on our street because he forgot to turn the car lights back on after turning them off at the brightly lit gas station.  He asked for his license, noted the yellow sheet said he just got the license that day and let him go saying "You probably won't do that again"😍
So last night we got to celebrate the day with a dinner out  and it was so darn much fun and he is getting so tall!  And I'm not shrinking as I'm still 4ft 11.57 inches according to the latest doctor appt. digital measurements!  Why can't they just say I'm 5 feet tall!!!
Granddaughter Lucy (now 13) and Chris:
And the usual crazy family talking about a whole lot of stuff but dreaming about an international family trip and who wants to go where!
Ross' sister-in-law is in OK and cleaning out the family cabin and apparently his mom saved these "tomahawks" that Ross and his brother made but neither of them can remember who made which one and Ross calls it a "hatchet".
And I watched 6 hours of the new Hemingway series so checked my stash and I only have 4 of his 41 published books.  What can I say but he is a very famous, complicated, a bit weird person for sure - lots of problems in his life!
So a few days ago we get a "light dusting of snowflakes" as the weatherman calls it but it melts fast in April.
I love my daily park and neighborhood walks and my goal is always to do 3 miles.  I'm a farm girl who was always fascinated with skyscrapers so I moved from the prairie to Minneapolis.  And now lucky enough to live by a huge park reserve, 3 lakes, a falls in the lake -  AND multiple skyscrapers nearby.


My walk today and the cherry trees are blossoming in the Japanese Garden round-trip 3 mile walk so perfect!
And after all 6 of our trip cancellations in the past 16 months (one due to chemotherapy rest due to COVID) we are still booked for October Berlin-Krakow Danube cruise, city stays combo.  Fingers crossed!  And as Ross and I are chatting one night last week we made our list of top 3 for each of us, agreed on a compromise and booked trips to Japan, Ireland and Budapest to Black Sea part Danube part city stays in 2022.  So may the force be with us to do it!!  If the March Japan one works out I will be there for my 75th birthday!!!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment