Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Happy Birthday Ross!!!

Today Ross turned 78 years old but still acts like 30 at times!!!  We have had a few celebrations, texts, calls and all that.  And tonight just the two of us got out to the locally owned "tavern" 6 blocks from our house to enjoy dinner and drinks - tavern style!  It felt very safe and in the glassed in room next to us were 2  very entertaining little girls who entertained us through the window and the more we participated and "made faces" and rolled tongues the more they entertained us.  And....best of all...the young parents got to spend time without kid distraction and thanked us!
And the annual Jones Boys dinner this week too.  Chris turned 47 on Jan 31 so their birthdays are 9 days apart and an annual fete!!!  Alex:  "I get to sit by Grammy" - he's almost 16 and I'm a lucky Grammy!!
Free desserts for the birthday boys, fake blowing out candles and a photo bomber hockey player designated driver on the scene.  We are so lucky to have a wonderfully weird family!💗
Today best forever buddy Beth and I did a 3 mile mall walk and of course I needed a selfie at this t-shirt kiosk to decide which shirt Ross might like best.  Such a momentous decision that we decided to put a hold on it and maybe later.  
And I got my 2nd awesome haircut in the last year from my 30 year long hairdresser Kim who is so awesome and started crying when she tells me she is retiring - she's 48 years old - because of carpal tunnel and other hand, shoulder, arm problems from all the years of a million hours of hair perfection!  Cheers to her in her new life of travel and adventure - FINALLY!

And since we were having "remarkably cold and brisk" weather per our weatherman I remembered I had some mittens in my stash.  I'm sure everyone has seen the "Bernie mittens" from the 2021 inauguration and these kind of look like those - no politics from me but I like my Venice Italy shirt and the mittens that match!
Ross - decades ago and I just love this little guy all dressed up photo.  Pink cheeks, smiley face, very fashionable little guy.
And the 40 year birthday party which he would not let me have for him as he is a bit of a shy guy but his workmates had a secret party and invited me and they even had belly dancers.  It was really a fun and exciting night for a guy with a 9 year old and a 6 year old at home and a very busy job with lots of work traveling!
 So the fingers crossed most exciting week  - every day we both check our 2 health care websites for COVID vaccine options for me and all of a sudden yesterday it pops up that I could get one at a clinic 25 miles from us.  Took it and hope it doesn't get cancelled and Ross is scheduled for his 2nd vaccine next week.  Ross did make the mistake a couple times of saying "well, you should be eligible in March when you turn 75" - BIG MISTAKE -I'm only turning 74 in March so I reminded him today that he is 5 years older than me at least for the next few weeks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment