Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Every day I think about my blog and what I could say and I'm a chatterbox so have to pare it down😍
Last night we got back from our annual Jolly Fisherman family reunion and it's now 12 years.  The first one was 2009 and the only year we missed was 2010 when daughter-in-law Amy had brain tumor surgery and my mom died shortly after that.  So.....we decided to keep the tradition going and it's going "dang good" in Minnesota Talk!
First off - the guys fish all day!  First day no fish, second day SCORE!!!  So we had a great fish dinner thanks to Chef Karen my sister-in-law and the guys.  Alex caught the biggest ones!
So every year brother Brian and nephew Andrew come from California to do Jolly and the State Fair - none happened this year due to COVID.  So this is for 2 of us plus the food for 6+ whoever shows up.  And son Chris' SUV is full at the back - fishing stuff  too - lots of it!
First night 15 year old grandson Alex - sweetest guy and I do like his hair but I was familiar with the "do" in the 60s and 70s of course!
My brother Kent and Karen have a huge fruit, vegetable and more garden and their watermelon weighed 42# so he says😋
And the group - not everyone is there at every moment so this is the first night.  Some show up the next day and the day after but NEVER all at the same time which I fully understand.
Life on the Party Barge - my brother's pontoon and it was "a little cool" at night in MN Talk.
Amy and Lucy snuggling to keep warm - with an almost 13 year old I'm sure this doesn't happen all the time.
Brother Kent and Karen and they celebrated their 47th anniversary on September 1 so it was a fantastic time to celebrate.
Me and nephew Brandon, Kent's oldest son who is just a few months older than our son Chris.
Only brother Kent wants to touch the fish but they do all like to catch them.
I'm being taught the different between different fish and their teeth, tongues, eyeballs and more.
Our last night on the lodge deck enjoying the daily ice cream treat and the perfectly beautiful sunset - could life get any better?

On the car trip home we stopped at the halfway point to meet up with niece Molly and the 4 girls.  Claire was very anxious to show us her self made ankle tattoo "I💗Ross and Dee"
And the goofballs at Culver's outdoor dining and it looks like we are in the prairie for sure!
I've been watching this bridge being built across the overflow pond that with all the rain seems to keep it overflown across the walking path.  Now we have a "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and this is the first day it opened and I unbelievable was the first one to cross and the workers checking out the last nails and stuff were clapping for me.  How awesome is that?

And I've been watching this wild plum tree and finally brought a bag with me and fully checked out if safe to eat and yes, they are native to Minnesota woods and prairies and this is in the middle of a huge city and 2 blocks entry from our house.  So I made wild plum jam as a test.  Good but I like my homemade peach the best.
So if we were in "normal" times we would be leaving for Scotland in 5 days - NOT happening of course and it keeps looking like a long time before we can travel across the ocean to Europe!
I'm still so excited about my 2nd every 3 months good post-chemo checkup and I already have my next appointment on November 30.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment