Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2020

COVID-10 Shelter at Home, Chemo #6, Spring, Winter - Blah Blah Blah

So for the update!!!
Yesterday 4/22/2020 I had a lab draw appointment at a new "lab hub" in a separate location from the Masonic Cancer Clinic chemo place to make it safer for compromised patients.  I was supposed to have my final #6 chemo today but no big surprise....I got a call yesterday afternoon that my labs were too low (immune compromised) to go with chemo and it is now scheduled a week out so labs on 4/29/2020; chemo on 4/30/2020.  Fingers always crossed.  When I got my first of six chemos on December 26 they said it would be every 3 weeks so nerd that I am I had the dates all mapped out and should be done by April 2!!!  Doesn't always work as planned but as I always say what I learned from granddaughter Lucy "ya git what ya git and you don't throw a fit - git it Grammy?  And for the 15 minute lab appointment the first thing the sweet RN Nisha asked me was "Do you have any plans for the day?"  Me:  "Get a couple Dilly Bars".  Nisha:  "Oh I love Dilly Bars, do you like butterscotch, cherry or chocoate - and do you get dip cones?" - Filled up the whole time and this morning I went through the drive-through DQ and got 3 Dillies!!!

So I'm still going through old letters, photos and huge piles of "stuff"!!!
I find this 1947 magazine that I got from my brother Keith (who died at age 34 from rare kind of leukemia) and it was his birthday gift to me in the mid 1970s as I was born in 1947.  Wow - pretty awesome!

Then since I have been doing diaries and journals for decades I found a daily journal from 1983 starting with the day my brother was diagnosed on October 19,1983 to November 1, 1983 - two days before he died.  The journal ended there and it was a very very sad time for our family and his family with 3 little girls 7 and under.  I scanned it and it's 8 pages long and a hard read.
Next:  I found my Dad's real draft card:
 An aerial photo from probably the 1950s of  the Schultz family farm where I grew up and yes, we had a lot of trees!!!
 And the Wylie Immanuel Lutheran Church where my mom and dad got married, I went to Sunday School and Vacation Bible School and my Grandma Schultz had her funeral in 1958.  The church was built in the 1880s and taken down around 1960 - sad days!  I also had a couple relatives who were pastors there.
 Then - what else do you do when you are stuck at home for months but go through your old pictures and see "what happened on this day" - 5 years ago Vatican Rome with the Globetrotting Grannies and wow - it is certainly a different world now with the coronavirus COVID-19 nearly shutting down the whole world!  As of today there are 867,4569 cases and 49,804 deaths in the USA and it's still going up.
 The Grannies in our apartment with the bald mannequin in Lisbon Portugal 5 years ago.  I could be the bald lady now after the chemo hair loss but I would wear a shirt😍
 Ummmm - this was right when I got up - so I look even goofier than usual!
And of course the Grannies always pay attention to and follow the rules!    Read the words:
 So here we are at the cannon and "we didn't see a fence"!!!
 Yup - this is our dining room and I'm cleaning stuff up but it seems to get worse every day.
So almost bed time for me - I'm sure another big day tomorrow as every other day but thank goodness we have income, TV/Netflix/Amazon, food and we are lucky and blessed!  Every day I say to myself "Count Your Blessings"!

No comments:

Post a Comment