Pages

Monday, March 12, 2018

Snowbank to Sand Beach in about 3 hours.

Nine days until the first day of spring - March 21 - and I am ready!  But as any good Minnesotan would say "it's not too bad".

 View of our back yard from an upstairs guest bedroom.  I'm sure there are a lot of guests who would not care for this view!
 We are lucky to be on a slightly busy street where the city plows our sidewalks - and yes  it is because bikers ride on this year round to get to the park!
 Too bad so sad we did not win the snow competition:
 Lucy turns 10 and the annual tradition since she was one year old is to put her tongue on a glass door or window!

Lucy called to invite us out to dinner for her birthday  - how can we refuse that???  And since it was his restaurant who should turn up but Lou Nanne.  I understand everyone doesn't know who he is but he is a famous Minnesota hockey player, coach and fan and pretty well to do.  Amy knows him because his son died of a brain tumor and he supports the research fund.

 A couple days later - every other year family spring break and this year we made it to Mission Beach area of San Diego.  This was on the sign of a surf shop.
 Rooke has been counting the days for a long time until she gets to spend a week with her cousins.  They get along every minute of every day and never fight - amazing in my thinking!
 First night out we could walk to dinner 3 minutes on the boardwalk right by the ocean.
 Even though I love visiting California for the winter beach season spring break I not want to have to live and work here - too many people, too much traffic and very expensive.  But I have a daughter, granddaughter, brother and nephew here so it's a lot of fun.
 I don't see why Ross wouldn't want to have a new adventure and stay in a beach hostel just off the sand of the Pacific Ocean in San Diego.
 My baby brother Brian, nephew Andrew and me.  I'm 13 years older than Brian so when I left home he was 4 years old and I got so lonesome for him.
 Five hours total of boogie boarding with  morning and afternoon on this beautiful sunny day.  They love it.
 The rental and it's all about location even if total 388 square feet and valued at $890,000.  Wow!!!!!

 What happens at Grammy's stays at Grammy's - ice cream for breakfast? Heck ya - we walked to the store to buy it!
 I lived in LA for a couple years with some girl friends in 1968-69. and Jan is one of my roomates.  Every time we come to California she and her husband Frank drive to wherever we are and spend a few hours and we go out to lunch.  It's 50 years now and every time we meet it's like we just saw each other yesterday and we pick up where we left off.
 Chris and Amy on the beach.
 And pizza outside while we listen to Jenny's tales of being a 911 Dispatcher in California - wow!  I could not do that job!
So we are here for a week and my next brother and wife arrive tomorrow.  I know I am a lucky person with all this family stuff and I am very thankful each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment