Pages

Monday, September 25, 2017

“Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” – Anonymous

Ready to hit the sky, rail and road!  To put things in perspective I am 5' tall and this suitcase goes to the middle of my thigh - 13% smaller than my previous small 21" suitcase - or so the company says.
We have a 10pm flight which is not our usual but we do get a nonstop flight to London so I'll take that.  I'm guessing dinner will be served about 11pm or later!!!  And wine of course:)
 All packed including the usual thin small washcloths as often it's not a usual thing in most countries.  I'm in the middle of reading Hemingway's "A Moveable Feast" that I've had for a billion years and to put things in perspective again my shoes are to the right so the suitcase is not very tall as my feet are size 6.
 And after London a new adventure - train to Liverpool for a couple nights and of course the famous Beatles Fab4 Taxi Tour and this is not my photo and I have never been to Penny Lane but I've been listening to Beatles music nonstop for a few months now.  Ross and I each get to pick a trip a year and the rule is no complaining from the travel companion.  So this is my trip!
 The last time we were in London was 1998 for just a day or two but back in 1995-96 Ross worked there for 18 months.  I always thought this little vacuum cleaner in our apartment was the cutest ever.  It was made by Hoover and over there they called it "hoovering" instead of "vacuuming" as we do.
And off I go on the next adventure...........

No comments:

Post a Comment