Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Made it to "Melbun" aka Melbourne AU

A 14 hour flight is a little long but I played scrabble on the screen about 20 times and won 3 times; tracked the flight but that's pretty slow to watch it crawl along.  That was after the 3.5 hour flight - then the 14 hour flight - then the 1.5 hour flight plus layovers.
 Landing in Melbourne.  The breakfast choices were an egg/bacon tortilla????? and muesli with fruit.  I chose the muesli which I thought would be like granola like at home.  Hmmmmm.....it looked like cooked oatmeal but it was cold from the frig with plain yogurt and cut up fresh fruit and nuts.  Actually not too bad if a little wierd.
Reading material on the last flight:  A lot of people know of my undying love for Rod Stewart even though he has had 3 wives and 8 kids by now.  He's got a new album and at 71 had to give up playing soccer because of bad knees.  It happens:)
 This was the tv screen on arrival in our hotel room.  Connectivity is amazing all over the world and yup that's my legal name!!!  Alex would know what kind of car it is!
 View from our hotel room.  I don't yet know the river's name but I do love skyscrapers as usual.  Our buddies from Pennsylvania ran up to us in the lobby while we were checking in so to stay on track we are meeting them for happy hour at 5 (just like home) and then out for an Italian dinner (comfort food).  The tour actually starts tomorrow evening but a lot of people have arrived early.  So it's 10:20pm Saturday at home and 2:20pm Sunday here.  I have to keep practicing this:)

No comments:

Post a Comment