Wow - busy house and life we continue to have and always feel we are blessed!
Annual family reunion vacation and I'm going backwards with the photos:
Yesterday niece Molly plus 4 met us at Culver's in Alexandria and this is what a family photo looks like with 4 under 6! What a bunch of sweethearts they are! Molly, Ruby Jean, Hazel, Lily and Claire in the yellow. As we ate I told Claire we were going by their house after lunch and she says: "I had a plan to say that and you said it first" - big smile!!!
Ruby Jean a few months old and sweet as can be just like the rest of the crew!
And today also happens to be our 43rd anniversary and I have this old photo from our first months of marriage - what a couple of cool dudes! We still travel and still with small suitcases!And off to Jolly Fisherman annual family retreat - ha!@!! me, nephew Andrew and brother Brian from California. Thanks to friend Donna I found my favorite new cowgirl hat and pretty sure it will go to Australia with me if allowed by the "man".
Brian took over the controls and this is the backseat!
Carlos Creek Winery and as Alex says - "We have to have lunch there - it's tradition". We took a free tour of the winery and cellars this time and it was just great.
Lucy went outside and from our table this was our view of the vineyard!
A year ago 2014:
And at one year old and as my cousin says "I see a pattern here". I'm thinking I should try this.
We have taken winery tours all over the world and I noticed this barrel from France:
And this from Minnesota! This spring in Burgundy, France, the fancy winery we toured was testing American Oak versus French Oak as American cost less as there is more of it!First night my brother Kent and Karen always host the dinner. This is nephew Corey's traveling vehicle and it's quite something. Almost as big as their cabin in the background. He sells the best shea butter products I have ever used. Ask me if you are interested!
I love how the nephews, brothers, in-laws and everyone shows up as well as they can. Great memories!
At the cabin. The guys fish like crazies and Alex is right there every minute of every day and until late at night. He's learning a lot from these guys and I might not want to know all the details. As for this - it was getting to be dinner and no sign of the Party Barge so Amy and I decided with a little wine and charcoal we could start the aged grill.
Bonfire group - yes, the wood is cut but it needs to be hauled to our firepit. Cutest picture ever and they all hauled as much as they could carry including Lucy!
The stories around this firepit are hilarious. Kent laughs like our Dad when giggling so hard he can't even finish a story - and without a drop of alcohol. Alex and Lucy love it and stayed up until close to midnight to hear the stories. They also never forget them!
Our personal dock from the "Loon" cabin with Alex and Lucy - so beautiful and peaceful it's really unbelievable.
Lucy's first attempt at the kid's kayak and after Amy and I shouting out instructions she got out and back all by herself and wants to do it again. The equipment is free and there is enough of it.
Amy wanted to try my hat on the "Girl's Cruise" on the "Party Barge" owned by brother Kent. They caught a lot of fish and it was super good.
My sister-in-law Karen and 3 of hers: Chelsea, Garrett and Corey. It was so fun to take the photos and we called some of them "awkward family photos" and I call it "normal".
Karen and I on the girl cruise.
Brothers Kent and Brian ages 61 and 55. I am 68 and we still miss my brother who would have been about 66.
So touring Minnesota and tomorrow we hope to hit Northfield and Faribault. We just take each day as it comes!




No comments:
Post a Comment