My friend Beth K and I in Excelsior last Saturday - we have a long history since the 1960s and we often have dinner as couples. This restaurant night was their treat; since I love to cook and they love to eat they frequent our table. Yesterday Beth and I met for frozen yogurt and a great movie and at a kitchen shop the cashier said "how did you like your yogurt?" - turns out she was sitting behind us and then asked if we were sisters since we talked and laughed so much!
Phoenix - Peggy in the middle and Beth on the right - my high school friends. On the flight home the attendant asked Peggy and I if we were sisters!Mardelle and I at the state fair last year. At the Macy's spring flower show someone in line asked if we were sisters.
Seems like there's a pattern here. Talk, laugh, giggle and they think you are sisters that get along very well. I don't have sisters, only 3 brothers (one deceased) and I often wondered what having sisters would be like but never lamented the fact. So I am blessed over and over again with friends who are family!
I bought a French press travel coffee mug - had a gift card - and the instructions are in 13 languages. The mug is "designed in Switzerland" and "made in China" - hmmmmm. 48 Days until we will be in China.
Ross and I also got RFID theft prevention travel wallet and neck pouch. Stands for Radio Frequency Identification in which the little "chip" on passports and credit cards can be read by criminals with a scanner.
I'm also searching for vacation rentals in Budapest and Bucharest and am wondering why some say they come with mosquito netting around the bed. I'm thinking there might not be air conditioning and maybe sometimes no window screens and an abundant supply of mosquitoes.
No comments:
Post a Comment