Some of my friends have asked if I am ok due to lack of contact - reply -> "better than ok". In the last week or so I have lived life to the fullest for sure. Attended the Miss Minnesota preliminary pageant with my brother, sister-in-law and nephew to see his friend (2nd from left in front four) win the talent competition - contemporary ballet. The whole event was quite a spectacle. This was Thursday and finals are tonight - can't believe I could possibly know the winner!
Last week attended another Turkish cooking class. This is homemade Uzbekistan bread. I have missed several by being out of town. Again a learning experience that made me look at the map to find out where Uzbekistan is - the young woman said they were USSR up until 1995. It is very near Pakistan and Afghanistan which of course are in the hourly news reports. The five "stans" were part of the former Soviet Republic: Uzbekistan, Tajikstan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan. Now need to figure out what "stan" means! Bottom line - had a great time, good friends and delicious food.Niece Molly and her little girls Claire (1) and Lily (3) just spent 5 days with us. With Ross on the home front with The Two, Molly and I attended a Paella cooking class. It was a great treat for her as she has my love of cooking and was also a great "Mommy Time Out". The girls and Ross did great. The paella setup can be rented and done in your own backyard!
Note Molly with her tight grip on the homemade sangria!
Several months ago I decided on gray paint for the bathroom walls - quite drab so I decided to bump it up a notch and bring in bright blue - Found 7 of my own photos - I do love bright blue. One is the door of a bathroom in Israel, the Eiffel tower and a building in France. It's a joy to walk into this room.
So to be truthful I do get tired. Amy tells me: "You have a lot of energy and patience at 65". I told her to be quiet as she was pushing 40 in not too many years! These are 2nd cousins Lily, Claire and Lucy - pretty in pink. Lily asks why 500 times a day:) - and we answer.
Cherry Berry yogurt bar with poor 7 year old Alex trying to "Tame the Shrew" who has reached her limit and also her bedtime.
What else:
- A couple weeks ago my credit card got lost at an art fair but a lovely citizen turned it in to the police department with no attempts to use it.
- Chris ran Grandma's Marathon this morning in 4 hours - better than last year. How does he do it?
- Turns out Molly's brother-in-law recently vacationed in the little town in France (Sarlat la Caneda) where we will visit in the fall - lots of good tips from him.
- Will be attending a big family gathering of the Schultz side soon - several of us are on the Saturday night dinner team" - it seems there may be 70 or more people there - lotta burger and brat buns needed!
- So - kind of sounds like the Dr. Seuss book "Oh, The Places You'll Go" - often a high school or college graduation gift.
We had a great time visiting for the week! We always do:) Josh was definitely glad to see us today and Lily when running full blast towards him when we saw him across the hospital tonight!
ReplyDelete